Let Us Invest In You!
Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic has an opportunity for a Veterinary Assistant at our practice in Saginaw Michigan. We are looking for someone with a passion for sports medicine to join our team. We are looking for someone who is team-oriented, self-motivated, has great communication skills, and a strong work ethic. Experience is a plus but if you have the passion, we have the people to help teach and develop your skills. Our industry leading onboarding process offers not only hands-on mentorship, but an interactive online training platform as well for easy access to resources as you learn.
At Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic, we truly are a family! Each of us brings our unique talents and skills to the table to provide the best care and customer experience possible. We want everyone who walks through our doors, whether coworker, client, vendor, or friend, to feel the passion we have in our daily work. Hard work is a given in this industry, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun while we are doing it.
We are a full service 100% equine veterinary practice. Services include Sports Medicine, Surgery, Reproduction, and Farm Services. Saginaw Valley Equine also has opportunities in other technical aspects of our clinic. If you like travel, our Sports Medicine Team travels across the country serving our clients’ needs at some of the top shows in the country. Inside our state-of-the-art clinic, we use the latest technology and techniques to care for clients’ horses. We are located just outside of Freeland, MI. Our area has a small-town feel, with the convenience of 3 cities nearby. There is always something to do or see. As a bonus, if you like to travel, MBS International Airport is right around the corner.
To serve others with our work and positively uplift the lives of all who come in contact with Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic.
Our Foundation is our Core Values
We serve others by caring about our work and our relationships.
We grow together; through personal growth and teamwork we accomplish more than we could imagine as individuals.
We do the right thing for the good of others, the team, the community, the world.
We exceed expectations by growing and innovating new ways to serve.
Our Benefits Include:
- A fun and positive team culture
- Family-friendly and flexible work environment
- Mentorship from experienced team members with an interactive video-based online training platform
- Fulfilling and rewarding career in the equine industry
- Health insurance, disability insurance, and retirement savings, as well as compensation based on experience
Team Member Responsibilities
- Bring a positive attitude
- Create quality connections with clients
- Be team-oriented, adaptable, dependable, with a strong work ethic
- Honor and encourage others to follow the vision and values of SVEC
- Provide technical support to veterinarians and other veterinary technicians in the delivery of primary care, diagnostic services, and disease control.
- Perform proper restraint of patients for medical procedures
- Assist in patient medical evaluation, administration of treatments, and maintaining proper medical records
Qualifications and Requirements
- Customer service oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Word and business software
- Knowledge of Equine and Veterinary Terminology would be beneficial
- Veterinary clinic experience preferred, not required
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a truck/trailer preferred, not required
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent.
- 8-10 hour shifts
- Weekend & Holiday availability
- 30% travel time
- On-call overnight availability
If you are interested in becoming part of the SVEC team, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org