Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic has an opportunity for a Veterinary Technician at our practice in Saginaw Michigan. We are a full service 100% equine veterinary practice. Services include Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery, Foaling, Embryo Transfer, Acupuncture and Chiropractic.
We are looking for someone who is team oriented, self-motivated and positive with strong work ethics. He or She should have excellent horse handling skills including equine restraint, creating a safe effective environment. Documentation skills, analyzing information, clinical skills, use of medical technologies, attention to detail, patience and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be available to work nights, weekends and on call.
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to veterinarians and other veterinary technicians in the delivery of primary care, diagnostic services, and disease control.
- Assists in examinations, interview, and document equine and client information, reviews care plans and records, completes laboratory tests and studies, and assists in diagnostic imaging.
- Cares for a patient by taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications, drugs, and vaccines; bandaging and wrapping wounds; physical therapy
- Supports surgical service by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting up surgery table instruments; maintaining sterile conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, healthy environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting operating areas and exam rooms following SVEC standards and procedures.
- Maintains equipment following SVEC standards and procedures,
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and reporting to the pharmacy manager.
- May require working alternate shifts, holidays, weekends or on call.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Veterinary Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Attention to Detail, Patience, Verbal Communication
Cheryl Heritier, Hospital Manager